20 May 2013

One Year


So one year ago on Friday (18th), we began this life changing journey called adoption. It was a year ago that we answered our call to Ethiopia on our quest to care for orphans and "defend the fatherless"

We've come along way on our journey emotionally and spiritually. If asked a year ago I would have said we hope to have our wee one home by now, but obviously that was not the way it was suppose to work.

If asked today I would tell you we are praying big to simply have a picture of their sweet face by Christmas. But, obviously we would be over the moon if it were sooner!

Some days the wait is a hard pill to swallow! My whole life I've never wanted anything more than to be a Mama. Warren and I have tried to grow our family since the day we said "I Do" and sometimes it's really hard not to throw a pity party and ask "why me"?

So in our confidence that our adoption will continue moving at at least a steady pace, we got our vaccinations today! This event will receive it's own blog post so watch for it soon!

In the meantime, please continue to pray for our child, for us, and for our fundraising endeavors.



No comments:

Post a Comment